Comments and tips

borniet

I am not a newcomer to wedding photography, but also not a long time pro. But, I

would like some input on my work. What do you think of it, what do you

like/dislike. What are the things I should look after, where to improve?<br>

You can find examples of my latest work on my blog: <a

href="http://photographyluna.blogspot.com">http://photographyluna.blogspot.com</a><br>

<br><br>

I thank you for every input I receive, because I really want to improve my work!

<br><br>

Cheers,<br>

Bjorn<br>

Thank you Patrick and Catherine!

@Patrick: I still have alot to learn though...

@Catherine: I live in Antwerp, about 70 miles from Oostende, but we often go there, for the photography, for the (sea)food, or just to relax...

I think there is a distinct style to the work and it is consistent throughout. The fact that generally I do not like this style, is quite irrelevant: there will be many customers who will.

But I also do not care too much for drinking more than a taste of Champagne: but I believe I can comment on a good one and where others might improve.

I think you employ a low camera angle too often and this combined with the wide lens.

Such should be kept for fewer shots in the portfolio, otherwise the impact is lost.

And perhaps it should be used more with the subjects in mind: the foreshortening and resultant distortion of the human shape must be a consideration of the final art work.

Certainly moments have been captured and generally there is good communication with the subjects.

I think you are brave to shoot profile: the profile is underutilized, in my opinion, but the camera angle detracts, I believe, and so does the on camera flash, ugly shadows is it?

Consider deleting, or re-cropping the image, B&G on Red carpet outside Church door. The reason: Man Camera Right has impact, but you are not tight enough to warrant cutting him in half.

WW