cantrell and ghionis: how worth it?

justin_elledge

i was skeptical, but i have heard rave reviews from a couple people. my

question: from those who have been to a (one day) seminar of bambi and jerry's,

was it worth it? would it be worth an extra $250 in airfare? and last, how

many people generally attend? thanks a ton.

justin

i too would love some feedback on this. i've found previous posts have peaked my interest....

besides some great creativity stimulation with my pics, i'm really looking for some guidance on the business side of wedding photography. are these seminars ('cause i so can't afford the workshops) rich in that sort of content?

thanks for the feedback...

We went. It was interesting. But it seemed that it was mostly just basics leaving you needing to buy the DVDs for full explainations. Fabulous shots, canned yet funny humor. Interesting, but I wouldn't go again. I learned more in reading here for half a day then listening to them talk about their success.

Im not going to be rude to Ayre, but I would go again today! Even though I bought most of their DVD's and the picpockets from Jerry...(you dont have to buy either). Seminars elevate your thinking, elevate your way of seeing things differently. My wife who attended with me started saying (in our own house) how would you shoot differently in this room...or that room. The bottom line is these folks are better than average, way better...think about it...Jerry has won how many album of the year awards!!! Come on,,,and one would say they wouldn't go again! It wasn't interesting, it was challenging! There's a lot of decent wedding photographers who can pose and shoot, get good photos....but the difference is when you take your art form up a notch....as Jerry said "You may not be the best photographer, but be better than yesterday"!

i thought of it in a different way.....What if someone in your area gleans some good info (style, lighting, marketing etc) from them and you dont! I think for the marketing aspect alone it was worth the dollars spent! But they started at 2pm and shot till 5pm with a model...in various locations at the hotel that I thought were plain, or without possibility! Then we saw their images strait out of the camera and knew they are worth every dollar!! And we can clone their technique...what a great oppoutunity to extend your business. You wanna run faster, run with someone who is faster than you!

Barry, thanks for not being rude. I did not say I was uninspired. I did not say that I did not gain helpful marketing, posing and creative tips. I just said that I wouldn't go again. Listening to other wrap-ups of people who have gone to later shows, it doesn't seem like their shtick has changed much. So even less reason to go again. They got a good thing. I just think that I'd like to give my money to others who might have a different spin on how to keep my candle burning. Justin, go...be inspired...you just won't find me in the audience.