Does the 35/2 AF have the same "look" as the old 35/2 Ai??

chromatic-aberration

Don't have the AI version, so can't compare. My AF version's bokeh is very nice, though, razor sharp, too. Hey - the once ignored 35/f2 is now making a big comeback in the digital era and is now the new "normal" lens due its effective 52mm focal length in digicams. Wish Nikon makes an AF version of their sharp and fast 35/f1.4 AIS lens.

Well, I can't tell you from personal experience - I picked up an AI 35mm 1:2 last month and use it frequently on my D40 (I don't mind guessing exposure) and quite like it. The D40 has a good focusing screen and the 35mm lens is very sharp - it certainly give a great look, comparable to my all-time fave, the Canon FD 50mm 1:1.8.

Interesting, I purchased the lens for the exact reason above - to have as a fast standard lens. I'm very happy with it, apart from it's tendency to flare (natural for an uncoated lens).

View the larger version at http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/3149/dsc6769e1r1qz5.jpg<div>00Lyyd-37618684.jpg.6af8787240bdaf9b4ffdfa1946a49d1d.jpg</div>