5D and fast lenses?

jmoody

Thanks for all the wonderful answers (and the gratuitous compliments ain't bad either! :-)

The 5d was mainly my thought as it's the most camera I could afford right now. Ideally, I'd love to see a 30d body with a 400d sensor (more than likely what the "40d" will be) but I'm afraid that won't happen before I leave (was hoping to buy first).

I don't need (or even really like) the idea of a full frame, and have yet to need or use much in the way of low-light photography (in fact, I'm often looking for ways to slow things down in order to blur water etc..)

However, as part of my push to get better at photography etc... I've always got my fingers crossed that I might get offered asignments to shoot, and I'd hate to have to say "no" to someone who wants a night soccer game shot, or a concert, (ie: low light) or a larger than poster-sized print for advert (ie: sensor size). In short, I feel that the 5d would give me that flexibility...though i'd be low on funds to compliment it with better lenses and all if I did.

My only other intelligent (i hope) choice would be the rebel xti I guess. I really don't see that many more features in the 30d to justify the 4-500 bucks more I'd spend on it, (though I do like the look and feel better). Then, as a compliment to the xti, ad some really good glass in the form of a good all around zoom like the 70-200 f4 IS, maybe a faster prime like the 135/2 or the 85/1.8 etc...

Was just thinking that maybe if I can afford the 5d and maybe the zoom... it's high ISO capabilities would make up for not having a 2.8