thing. He tells me he can't find a wiring diagram and can't repair it without

one. I wonder how they've been in business so many years. The meanies over at

Nikon are not being helpful at all. Anyone know where I can find a schematic or

something that can solve this mystery? I'd love to get this rig back in use

before the calendar year is over. Right now it is in so many pieces I am afraid

to just bag it all and send it to Sover. Not to mention the bill is starting to

get out of hand. Anyone? Anyone?

Rick H.

Why not get your F2AS back and use it without the MD until you get that sorted out?

I've never owned the MD-2, but a few years ago I replaced the gear on my MD-3 myself. I got the gear from Kelly Camera and got some help from the Nikon Repair forum on Yahoo Groups, you might try asking there for help.

He needs the body to test the motor drive. Also, it has a back with the grip on it that also leaves the film leader out. The grip sticks out on the bottom and I think there are contacts on it as well. Personally I wouldn't have bought that back but it was there when I got the camera. Also I have 2 other F2's but I prefer using it with a motor drive. Almost 9 months in the shop is way too long, this shouldn't be that hard. I haven't leaned on him much so far other than to call every couple of weeks. I'll check cragslist but if you have one I'd appreciate a copy. Let me know how much. Thanks.

Rick H.

Yeah Sover is the man. Besides CLA on my F2A he rebuilt my MD-3 and installed new gears.

He'll send you photos of everything he does; point out the problems and his repairs. If your

MD-2 is beyond repair he has parts and replacement MD's. Drop him a line.

Hi Rick,

I am sorry to hear you are still having problems with your MD. Unfortunately your story is not atypical. Quite a few people sent me their F2 gear after they were damaged or deemed unrepairable by other repairers, including Nikon.

The first set of gears I sent your repair was indeed lost, but I resent another set to him as soon as I knew about it. Your repairer did not immediately reply to my emails, and that contributed to weeks of delay. Also I emailed him the MD-2 schematic diagram a few weeks ago, when he told me about the wiring problem. It went quiet and I thought the problem was solved.

I can email you the schematic diagram. Also, I would be pleased to repair your MD-2, to put a happy closure on this unhappy saga.

Sover