Lenses

Nikkor 17-55mm 2.8

85mm 1.8

18-70mm 3.5-5.6

18-135mm 3.5-5.6

Flashes

SB 600

SB 800

I also carry the usual tripod, a ton of SD cards, a laptop, batteries, etc, etc.

Thanks for any tips and advice!

Anita

If you have 17-55 f/2.8 why are you lugging around two other lenses that over lap focal lengths....???

The 18-70 is taking up space and added weight to your bag... not only that but it's slow glass.

You could also get rid of the 18-135 and pick yourself a 70-200 f/2.8, I've found that it's my used lens shooting a wedding.

If I were building an all around kit.....

I'd keep the 17-55 f/2.8 and the 85 1.8 for low light.... and get a 70-200 f/2.8

I made a deal with myself that I would never purchase lenses that are not constant aperture, nor slower than f/2.8.... even if I have to scrimp and save to buy them.

Great advice William and Michelle. Thank-you!

I was wanting to replacing both the 18-70 and 18-135 and get a faster, long lens as soon as the funds are available. You've confirmed this thought.

"I made a deal with myself that I would never purchase lenses that are not constant aperture, nor slower than f/2.8.... even if I have to scrimp and save to buy them." - Great advice...I'll make the deal too:)

HeeHee, Anne.....the feud begins :)

Paul, that is a great idea too. Fisheye would get some great church shots too. Macro for rings and such...ahh..it's a good thing. Now that I have my complete wish list there's just one other thing I need to do...actually make some money. I guess I'm in the wrong biz for that :) Oh well, I do it 'casue I love it.

Thanks all!!!!

Basically what Michelle said...

The 80-200 would be a nice alternative to the 70-200 if funds were an issue.

The 17-55 is a stud.

The next purchase I would make would be the D200 or even a D2X. You will love the quality of a more professional body, especially the autofocus.

I also would advise you get the 80-200 f2.8 put it on the D-80 and jam the wide lens on the D-50. I have the 80-200 on my D-80 90% of the time IMO the best all around lens if you own Nikon.

I also have the 85 1.8 But it's a better portrait lens and would come in handy if light gets pretty low.