Another link fixed

Wow, Anny is a new one on me. Great images! Does rewide invoke a panoramic capability? And fake selenium meter!!! As always, the camera all by itself is noteworthy, but the great photos are the icing on the cake. When you do your book, include me as a buyer, but don't wait too long. Film may actually outlive me.

Thanks very much for the link! And the pictures! How can I deny, I'm a sucker for monochromatic pictures with one dash of color (cf. Schindler's List's red coat and candles). That 'rewide' function is truly sublime.

I love classic cameras. What does it say when the Anny has more class in the looks department than any maker's flagship camera of today? When did class become obsolete? Hell, they went through the trouble to put fake selenium cells on it. Why? Because it looks better. No cost conscious company today would do that. Even Cadillac stopped putting fake convertible tops on their cars in the early nineties.

Let's not be hard on the Anny's picture quality, either. They look better than what I got out of my first digital camera less than ten years ago. Remember putting floppies in your digital camera?

Great post, Gene.

Gene, did you ever say where the camera was built? As a native upstate New Yorker, the Uticar lens suggests Utica, NY (and Utica Club). After all, Kodak and Ansco were New Yorkers. And Gene, do Bert and Harry Piel still hold forth?

<P>Gene, that is a top camera. Fortunately it's in the hands of someone capable of mastering the instruction manual.</P><P>And I love the fake meter - a degree of sophistication you don't get nowadays. It's all real real real.</P>