Putting the peices all together!

I have a METZ 60 CT-1 flash and a METZ 60 CT-1/2 battery pack for my new-to-me

mamiya 645, I plugged in the battery pack, then connected it to the flash,

tryed connecting the flash to my camera via the 3 pronged port on the side and

the FP port on the camera but the flash (even when not connected to the camera)

is not responding, I know the battery is in working order b/c the green light

is on but I cannot connect it successfully to the flash or to the

camera. . .any thoughts? advice?

thanks, you guys are great!

Leigh-- First of all, check to see if it is the cord or the camera. To check the cord, while it is plugged into the flash take the tip of a key and touch it to the camera end of the PC cord, shorting out the space between the outside ring and the little pin in the middle. Give it a good (but gentle) couple of pokes before deciding if the cord is no good. If it is good, you will be able to make the flash trigger this way. If it doesn't, you may need a new sync cord.

Note that if the cord itself has a short in it, then the flash would be exhibiting the behavior you mention. If you take the cord out and the flash will not fire using the on-board trigger button, then the problem is most likely with the flash itself.

If you can get to a camera store and try a different sync cord with the flash, that would be a good way to help with the diagnosis.

If it does fire using the key technique, then the problem is most likely with the camera. But whichever it is, you should be using the X sync with an electronic flash.

I know a couple of other techniques if you are handy with a VTVM meter, wire clippers, and a soldering gun. Let me know. Best of luck, -BC-