My IIIF and 50 Elmar in Lake Como

Absolutely wonderful! Reminds us all that the gear isn't the biggest expense, nor the film. It's the airfares that break the bank! The Elmar is really amazing. I've been reading up about it, and I think I might get one for my M3!

VS

Paul

#1 is simply beautiful.......looks like it`s straight out of the 1950`s!

*There`s another reason why I miss Europe so much! Because it`s so beautiful* :) looks like you had a wonderful vacation!

I`ll be back over in 2008/09 to pick up my vintage car and do a tour of Southern Germany and Northern Austria with my "two" 1945 cameras IIIC K and IIIC with a pallet of lenses, I can`t wait to see the Alps again

Tom

Paul, lake Como, Leica 111F and a very beautiful wife - what more could you possible ask for? I am sure you had a wonderful time. I recently bought, yet another, 111F but this time it is red scale with self-timer and in mint condition and it came with a mint 3.5/50 Elmar red scale again in mint condition. Waiting to shoot some colour and black/ white very soon.

You've got to love the Kodachrome images, just came back from Australia where I tried to buy some extra K64 and was told (from more than one store) that it is no longer available in Oz.

Readily available in Canada (thank goodness).

Congratulations Paul on you 25th anniversary, and like your wife, the IIIf is a keeper !!