Ok, so I use my PDA to do my organizations, but looking for other options. I

was thinking of the IDO by elm software, which really has almost everything I

need but $300 is way too much for me. I need something I can wok with from

beginning of meeting a couple, inputting any info I want on them, account

balance, progress of their work, calendar of anniversaries. An all in one will

be great. If it can sync with WMobile all the better! I need something esthetic

to the eye. Word/pad just doesn't cut it. I've tried getting a paper organizer

but want something on the computer.

What solutions have you found that work for you?

Any help appreciated!

I use Google Calendar for everything. I can get to it from anywhere and it does everything I need, but I don't use it like it sounds like you want to as a contact manager, I use it as a straight up calendar. It has lots of fields for additional info, but I just don't use them.

You don't say what OS you use. I use the Palm OS so this may or may not apply. SmartList by DataViz is a nice little database program that works for me. I also use Datebk 3 by Pimlico Software as a replacement for the Palm calendar. There is also Documents-to-go by DataViz that lets you import Word, Excel, etc into the PDA. Works well also.

Thanks for the replies. I use WM5 maybe moving to 6.

I need something more advanced than apps for a PDA.

the IDO software would be great, but $300 is way out of I want to spend.

So Ryan and Marc, when you sit down with the clients, where do you write down all the info? A calendar is fine, I have that on my PDA, but I need something where i can write down what's included in their packagae, what I've delivered, when I spoke to them, anything and everything that will help me keep track.

http://www.elmsoftware.com/idowpe/index.htm

I'm a geek and I do try to keep all corespondence(if possible)by email but I still use a file folder with files for all clients and a medium sized Daytimer book for all appointments and as an event calander. It never goes down, runs out of battery power and I can refer to it as I'm speaking with clients on the cell while driving. Gmail is wonderfull since it has amazing search abilities on all contact and emails. Say you miss a call and just have the number, you can search all your emails with brides and match the phone number to client, you can search dates, names whatever. Gmail is a life saver for me.

www.dfwfinearts.net