D200 + PN-11 + 105VR set up problem

patertech

I just got a used PN-11 and every picture I take it's sooooo much underexposed

that it's black. I have entered non cpu lens data in shooting menu as 105 and

2.8, set mode to M. 400 ISO 1/200th. Am I missing something that I need to set

in addition to non cpu lens data. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank

you.

I have used a pn-11 tube on my d 200 without any problems. I never bothered to enter in the non cpu lens data because I did not need to know what lens I had on the camera. However, the fact that you entered it should not make a difference.

What do those other settings mean? Mode at M for manual? ISO at 400? So far no problems. 1/200 is your shutter speed? I bet your problem is that you forgot to change your lens aperture with the sub command knob on the camera and left it at its smallest opening thus getting the black images.

Once you add the Nikon ext tube,(non electronic) things will not work automatically anymore. And once you select M mode things will not work automatically either. Just as you selected your shutter speed, you have to select the correct aperture. And the one you probably selected is the one last set on the lens, probably f22 or f 32, the smallest available on the lens.

Joe Smith

Thanks a lot for your responses, it makes sense because when I pressed DOF preview, it looked like its at the smallest aperture and since I can not control aperture from my camera it's not going to work for me. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...