Hi, I am having trouble with Light Room, I enjoy very much using lightroom for

everything even how the printing process is organized. I prefer it vs DPP but

the output print from dpp seems much more accurate than lightroom. Both are

using the same CM and monitor profile for printing. I dont know why I get

different outputs.

And all the rest of the progrmas I have used in my computer for printing,

including corel and the hp software are consistent with the output from dpp, it

is only lightroom that outputs different than what i see in the monitor. Thanks

I'm using a Canon i900D and I simply could NOT get a decent print out of Lightroom when I was consistently getting perfect color out of PSE3, PSE5 and ACDSee fotoSlate. I had been using Canon Ink and paper and the driver that came with the printer on my XP system.

Though I had no reason to suspect my driver since it was performing well with other printing programs, out of desperation, I checked the Canon site to see if my driver was up to date. I was a generation old,they had a driver specifically for Win XP. So I installed the new driver and that appeared to make all the advice I had been recieving from others to actually work. So make sure your printer driver is current. (You can download drivers from the support/download page of your printer manufacturers web site)

In LR, Do not use 'managed by printer'. I am manually setting the profile - PR1 for Canon Photo Paper Glossy Plus with perceptual rendering intent. (I tried relative but preferred perceptual)

In the printer control program, The printer properties are set to high print quality with manual color adjustment. On the manual color adjustment screen, color balance area, magenta is at -20 and intensity is -12 (I was having trouble with consistently too much magenta and too dark), other sliders are in the middle(i.e. set to zero). I have Enable ICM checked. (I treid it without 'Enable ICM', and results were closer with than without.)

Now, this information is for an older Canon printer and Lightroom V1.0. I have yet to test this on the just released LR V1.1

The basic story on LR seems to be that you have to turn OFF color management in the printer, find the CORRECT profile for the printer and paper you are using, and use that in LR.

As Glen says "Do not use 'managed by printer'". Don't even think about it. (If you think about it, you'll get mad at Adobe. And there isn't any point in wasting the energy being mad at Adobe.)

(In general, you probably don't want to check "Enable ICM" in the printer driver. For Epson printers, as I understand it, you want to check "No Color Adjustment".)

The method David describe is the correct way to print from Lr and CS2-3 to a printer. As describe in Adobe and Epson web site. I cant say for Canon, because i dont have one...and after reading one of the post that suggest to get good print i should remove majenta and density that doestn give me the taste of buying one either.

Jacopo - it was the ONLY way I could get it to work! And even THAT didn't work until I upgraded the printer driver. I got tired of fighting it. Now I just print from ACDSee's fotoSlate (similar to Qimage)

Patrick - it isn't the printer, it's the dumb_ass color system Lightroom uses. The printer works perfectly with every other printing software.