MIS: spongeless carts vs regular carts

Hi all

I have an epson 2400 and have been pretty happy with its output. However, the

cost of ink is a little too much for me. I have been thinking of using MIS K4

inks. Reviews seem to be satisfactory.

However, my researching yeilded two different types of MIS cartridges:

1) R2400 CARTRIDGE SET (9) FILLED WITH MIS K4 COLOR INKS

and

2) Prefilled Spongeless MIS K4 Cart Set (9) with Matte (Eboni) and Photo Black -

Refillable for Epson R2400 printer

Both are priced at $98.00. Am wondering if there is a decided advantage in going

with the spongeless-refillable cart set (2)?

Also, the website does not say what quantities of ink are in the MIS carts vs

the regular epson OEM carts? How may 8 x 10 prints can i look forward to from

MIS carts? they seem to be 4oz? not sure.

Many thanks and i hope to hear from those that have used MIS inks in the past.

s

I think they're probably both the exact same spongeless refillable cartridges.

4OZ isn't the cart, it's the bottle you refill from and should be good for 10 or so refills (not sure- I've not yet gone through a bottle).

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on K4 vs Epson Ultrachrome K3 if you test this out. Let us know how they compare.

I think they are the same cartridge. They hold about 13ml of ink, the same as the Epson carts. So the 4 oz. bottle yeilds about 9-10 refills. That's a HUGE savings over Epson ink. I've found that I can download a paper profile for the Epson 2400 from most paper manufacturers and it prints very nicely with the MIS K4 ink. I've had this good result for Mitsubishi, Inkpress, and Tetenal papers. The Moab profiles have printed a bit too light, and the Red River matte papers have not printed well at all for me. The Inkpress profiles have been spot on on their Matte 80 paper. I can't compare to the Epson inks because I never even bothered using them. I got my new 2400 and installed the MIS carts/inks straight away.

Thanks for the quick response guys!

I think i'll go wht MIS and test it out. I am a little nervous, but hopefully it should all be ok.

So, are you both saying that either 1) or 2) option should be the same spongeless, re-fillable cartridges? Did you order the 4oz bottles at the same time?

Yes, I first ordred a set of filled cartridges and also ordered the bottles, syringes, chip resetter, and other refill suplies. It was good to have a set to start with that were correctly filled as it took me a little bit to figure out how to do it right myself.

Good answers so far. I am also a MIS fan.

Always remember that MIS is a very small company with employees who are more than happy to go get a product off the shelf and describe it to you. Don't hesitate to call them if you can't find the answer to your question on their website.