Elements 5 ... Digital Framing

I have been trying to frame my digital pics following Scott Kelbys Elements 5

book. Somethings not right , i'm follow it meticulously but I don't get good

results. Does anyone have a "recipe" if you will for making nice frames

digitally?

I just want to frame my digital photos , say in black with a matted look in white. Not looking for anything fancy. I have been able to frame my pics , but it seems to me its very cumbersome and I am sure there is an easier way. Wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Are you looking for something more sophisticated than increasing the canvas size with black or white filling in the new space?

Have you looked for free frame/border plug-ins? I found a few free packages a few years ago, they could do anything from plain to beveled edges ....

I've done dozens of frames following Scott's method. The one area that I always changed was frame size where I always had to make it much bigger..it's where you shrink the selection I think. Whenever I messed up it was always my not following the sequence.

Hmmm, I have Elements at home but CS2 here at work.

Step by step (may be slightly different in Elements):

Go to Image -- Canvas size.

Add .4 inches to the width and height. Make sure Canvas Extension Color is white.

Click OK.

Now go to Image -- Canvas size.

Add .04 to the width and height. Make sure Canvas Extension Color is black.

Click ok.

This puts a small white frame around the photo, and a thin black line around the white frame.

Experiment with different colors and sizes. You can add another white frame around the thin black line just by repeating Step 1.

Raquel - I have Elements 5 and purchased Kelby's instructional book. Believe me - I'm not the brightest bulb in the drawer, but I faithfully followed his 11 steps of instruction beginning on page 393, and voila - a frame magically appeared around my photo! If I can do it, my bet is you can as well. Good luck