Any way to get around Lightroom's 10,000 pixel limitation?

I have large panoramic images stitched and I would like to work on them in Lightroom because I have

some presets in there that I like and don't know how to replicate in Photoshop. When I try to import the

images into Lightroom, I get an error saying the images are too large. I did a little search and found out

Lightroom has a 10,000 pixel (width OR height) limitation. One of my images is 25,000 pixels in length.

Is there any way to get around this Lightroom limitation? Or, is there a way to transfer settings from a

Lightroom Preset to Photoshop CS2?

hmm... I think I'm doing it a harder way. I'm working on each individual picture in

Lightroom, then exporting as TIFFs. This worked fine except for one night shot that had

multiple color-temperatures in the same scene and areas of near darkness.

With lightroom, I can save a Preset so remembering is not an issue. But creating 3 smaller

panos sounds like a great solution! Thanks! I'm excited again! i've been out of photography

for nearly 2 years and Lightroom has brought me back into it.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, you can do exactly what you want. Simply duplicate your big file, shrink it, modify, then copy and paste the adjustment settings in LR from the big one to the small one. Since there is no editing of selected areas in LR, it will work perfectly.