raynox 250 on nikon d40 18-55?

roy_rogers

Does anyone know if the raynox 250 fits on a nikon d40 with standard 18-55 afs

edII zoom lens? I think it does but Im not 100%. I was going to purchase a two

element nikon 4t close up filter but I have heard the raynox 250 is better?

Which is the better bet?

"RAYNOX DCR-250 lens includes a snap-on universal mount suitable for 52mm to 67mm filter size. DCR-250 Super Macro lens obtains the maximum macro magnification power when set at the most telephoto position of zoom lens. The lens is made of high index optical glass elements that produce rich and razor sharp image."

So in theory it would work, but I cannot make any statements to the quality. I would choose the Nikon myself.

Hi roy, i have recently started using the raynox m-250 adapter, this is a link to the shots taken if u want to have a look, but my technique is not the best i still need to work on it:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=342803

check the first 6 shots in the link they r shot with it.

to tell u the truth it works better than i expected, it is only for 40 dolars, the price of a uv filter. i am using it on a nikon 70-300 G VR Nikon lens. i dont think u would get good results on a wide angle because the magnifying glass is concentrated at teh center and the edges are a plastic frame, so u ll have severe vignetting when used with a wide angle lens (though i have never tried it on a wideangle).

hope that helps and let me know if u need any more questions on that nice raynox piece.

regards,

Rafik