Stretching it a bit

Always had a soft spot for the SL35M. I've owned three of them over the years, in excellent

condition, but they all eventually died from various mechanical problems even with light use.

From what I read, reliability has been a problem from the beginning. Having said that, I'll

probably buy another one :)

Thanks for the photos.

I have an SL35 and the SL35E, the older camera is really nicely made, I find the 35E is a bit plasticky. That said however, the 35E is very nice to use with accurate AE and a very contrasty Planar 1.4 lens. I presume the brain surgery is because you have far too much grey matter for your own good, genius must be a curse!

All the best, Tony

Gene, I think it is a fairly attractive camera, especially when compared with a Nikon F with any one of the metering viewfinders. As for "classic", I wish that the definition were "30 or more years old", rather than "pre-1970". Your reference to "brain surgery" is ambiguous as to whether you are the cutter or the cuttee. In either case, best of luck. Thank you once again for your contributions to this forum. Having lived in Boston for 2 years, you are in a very photogenic region, and you make the most of it. I hope you are a fan of the "Spenser" series by Robert P. Parker, who writes of a Boston based private-eye, about the only the only Boston vibes I get nowadays. I love the Seattle area but it is a million miles from everywhere else. Go Red Sox! and also Mariners.

Gene, heart and brain are things you have in excess but it doesn't mean you can give them away. Seeing you with the stethoscope I hope you were the spectator rather than the patient in this brain surgery you mention... all the best