baby shoot

photo_girl1

i will be shooting a 2 yr old boy next week. i plan on placing him on his parent's bed. there is a massive

window to one side, allowed beautiful daylight to come thru - and i plan on setting up a softbox to the

other side, to give even lighting. my concern is.... the sheets that i intend to use are burgundy in color..

he will be laying on top. will this reflect color on to his face? or will i be ok with that? i'd rather keep

them, rather than throwing down white sheets..... its a beautiful burgundy bedcover and i would really

like to keep it in the pic if i can. Unless there is a risk of color reflecting on to his face. Or will the

reflection be minimal that i can adjust it? please advise. thanks

I think the reflection, if any, would be minimal. It depends on the type of material though. I wouldn't worry about it, although you could always set it up and try to simulate the shooting environment as a test.

Umm, as the father of a 3 year old and 18 month old, why exactly are you shooting a 2 year old laying down?

Good luck getting a 2 year old to lay still. My portfolio has a bunch from that age, and they were all lucky/practiced captures of a moving subject. Not until around 2 years 8 months did the three year old start taking directions. And even then, it's sporadic at best.