First Kiss inspiration

In a thread about a possible PS challenge, Mary suggested possible posts that

included the idea of inspiration images of the first kiss. The image below was

actually staged during the formals after the ceremony. Besides the typical post-

processing I used Kubota's "Return of the King" action (Artistic Actions Vol. 2)

and grabbed some color near the candles in the background to use for the

stroke. Comments are welcome and I'd also be interested in other approaches

featuring the "first kiss". Thanks<div>00LQXp-36880184.thumb.jpg.9a4e98a8d67774b62d36ab423e9f0d8f.jpg</div>

"The image below was actually staged during the formals after the ceremony."

And the first thing that I see IS a staged photo. So it doesn't speak to me. I prefer natural moments - first kiss included. Even if the picture or framing is not perfect. Just my opinion of course. Something here seems to nice and neat for lack of better adjectives.

Bogdan

I'll have to go back and read Mary's post but I would think a staged shot isn't very inspirational for first kiss shots which would usually have an officiant in the background and some arms and partial faces of bridesmaid or best man. Also find one of the couple turns their head so you only see the back of a head. I'd be interested in seeing the real first kiss captured in different ways.

I do like your shot though David - just better if table weren't at an angle

Well FWIW here is my favourite real kiss from the past season. You can see they actually kissed twice (but not coz I told them to!), I got the top one, my fab assistant got the lower one seconds later. I suppose there is nothing terribly exciting about them photographically but the setting was amazing and despite claiming not to be PDA (Public Display of Affection) kind of people, they were clearly into each other :-)<div>00LQbm-36881784.thumb.jpg.b98066970f60603987e7411d701e0799.jpg</div>

David, staged or not, the couple wont remember nor care if it was staged! It wonderful and it will probably make their album and they will enjoy it for years to come. I like the kubota action and have it, will have to try it...my only critique is that I prefer nothing come out of anyones head (candles)but in this case it doesn't seem to give him horns! Cheers.

I try not to re-stage the 1st. kiss. Because there are no people in the background. You know it was re-staged. About the PS challenge, when you change too much, brides know that it looks different, plus it does not match the other ceremony images. Try your best to get it the first time, if you re-stage, have the wedding party in the pose also.

Actually I didn't anticipate that this would evolve into a discussion on staging.....below is the image as it happened. My image wasn't to "restage" the first kiss, it was part of the standard poses that I go through when doing the altar shots: full length of the couple, closeups, looking at the camera, look at eachother, give her a kiss, etc....

But I don't have any reservations about restaging moments of the ceremony. Most often it'll be the unity candle shots since the church restrictions and available angles will frequently interefere with capturing a nice image. I am a little embarrassed by the artifacts I'm seeing on my monitor and hope the link provides a better view. The print/image that I posted looked vibrant on my monitor but appears rather muddy as I view it on the forum. I wish that everyone could see the 16x24 mounted print here in my home-studio to really appreciate the colors and mood.

I'm really wanting some inspiration, hoping to see something different than the "typical" first kiss shots and appreciate the images posted by Nicola and Barry.<div>00LQrI-36885684.jpg.1727b45b70ce840410a3e4e56045bf41.jpg</div>

Thanks for posting the images Barry, Nicola, & Ian.

Greg, was that an infared conversion? It is different in a neat artistic way.

David, I'm guessing "Red Rocks" near Denver. I grew up just a short way from the "Garden of the Gods" just about an hour south. I really like the progression of the images and suspect it would look cool in an album and in a slideshow.

Manuel, Looks like you got pretty close to get that shot :-)

Thanks for posting Corri, Looking forward to seeing your full wedding posted :-)

You know I'd like to be able to tell you but I just can remember! I should keep notes. It may well have been, judging from the foliage and the B&G's faces. I do know this, I used a plug in B&W converter, it has some nice fog and mist diffusion filters and a reasonably good Infra Red film setting. Regards Greg