How much is an M6 CLA in your geography?

The last time I fully CLA'd an M6 Classic costs me about $550 Australian Dollars and I nearly died ! It was done by the only 'official' Leica Service agent here in Australia, (that's what they claimed). A company called Adeal (in Altona North, Melbourne). Although the cost was high, they did an excellent job on-site, and the M6 was buttery smooth after that), so it did not have to go back to Germany, and did it in record time of 4 days, as I was in a hurry for a trip overseas. Excellent service there !

Here in Japan is varies widely. For an M to get overhauled can cost around $250 for a cheaper place (but good as far as recommendations are concerned) to $350-$400 or so for service by Kanto Camera (the most famous Leica repair/restoring place here) to about $500 for a really famous place that probably is drowning in their own fame. I don't know about official Leica rates. These prices all exclude parts etc. and are rough estimates. It seems like $400 is a decent enough price but with shipping as extra it is a bit steep.

There is a very good guy here in the Netherlands where i had my M3 and M4 CLAd. That cost me about US$ 200 each. That excludes shipping cost, but they are not very high (inside the Netherlands around $15 for both together).

You can find him on kamera-service.info

Quite surprised at these prices. I beliewve that Kindermann in Toronto area or David Lau in the same area would do this much more cheaply, and in Canadian $ (about 93% of USD).

As for the emails or addresses I don't have them handy (I am away from home) but if you want to contact me in a week I can probably give them to you (google Kinderman or Kindermann Toronto Canada photo if you want). Lau is probably cheaper, but it depends how much CLA you want I guess.

700 euros in germany for a M6. Besides a CLA light leaks has to be repaired, but still it is

ridiculously expensive. But I'm afraid that Leicas also cost the most in germany, apparently

somehow during the transport overseas they lose some of their intrinsic value!