FZ30 Burst mode I

As Don says keep cycling and make that extra pressure and burst will be cut out. When there is nothing in the EVF/LCD where you see the burst options you will get single frame. If it still takes multiple frames then look elsewhere. I don't think you have bracketing, cannot find it with my FZ50, which has a different menu system, I was looking for a 'reset to original parameters [factory settings]' option but cannot find that either. If you quickly remove pressure from the trigger after taking the shot I doubt if it will take more than a couple of frames until you find a solution perhaps?

The FZ30's burst requires holding the shutter button down. It will not fire a burst with a single press. I don't think bracketing can be done in raw mode, JC. Switch to jpeg and push the 4 way up a couple times and you'll get the bracketing scale. It's in there along with the flash intensity settings and the ev compensation.

With bracketing on, the camera will bracket on a single shutter press. I figure that's what is happing to the OP.

Brendan, whether it was a failure of the burst switch or simply bracketing left on seems like useful information to have about one's camara. If you have a set of those multiple exposures available, a check of the Exif data would confirm whether it was bracketing or not.

Glad to hear it is working again.