The Mark III...Hush, Hush....It's not the C.I.A!

avaci

I can't believe the news black out on when and where the EOS Mark III's

will be delivered. These companies are holding our money and don't have the

decency to give us an idea as to when the cameras will be delivered. If there

is a production problem then let us know and give us a chance to make the

decision to cancel our order or not.

I check in with my dealer and all they say is they have no information.

Please check back.

I would suggest to people who have MKIII's on order to keep emailing Canon

until they give us an answer. We could be sitting around waiting for months

before we know something.

Tony

It's been known for some time now that the Mark III will be available (in North America anyways) between the end of this month and early June. That's what's announced in the industry, in photo magazine articles and in most photo stores. Your dealer should have this information unless he doesn't want to take a chance by telling you something that might change. Since it's the echo we hear from everywhere in the industry (from my experience anyway) I can guess or assume that it is probably right. I'm waiting in line at my dealer to get one as soon as it's out and he's still confirming end of may, early june.

Looks like fresh news' just been released: Check this link: http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-News/

Quote:

" Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Shipments of the new Canon EOS 1D Mark III DSLR are en route to US dealers. According to Chuck Westfall, Director of Media and Customer Relationship at Canon USA, as reported by RobGalbraith.com, shipments of the new body began today - some dealers will be receiving their first distribution tomorrow. Expect the first batch to go very quickly.

" End Quote

I am from Singapore, and have already got my copy of the 1DM3 on 05/17/2007, along with a 16-35mm f/2.8, 24-70mm f/2.8 and a 70-200mm

f/2.8 IS and I must say that this is quite an awesome combination.

Does anyone out there have the ideal menu setting for this new model?

This is the exact same thing that happened at the release of the MkII. I ordered my MkII in January of 2004 and didn't see it until June, 2004.

<p>

I remember that no one had any idea of when it would actually be available to consumers. I remember hearing that the pros (i.e., NG, SI, etc.) were getting theirs first, and those of us mere mortals when they had enough left-overs.

</p>

Hmmmm... I just received notice from Fedex that my shipment (1D MkIII)is on it's way! Right now it's sitting in Atlanta. It looks like I'll get the camera before 3:00 pm Friday! I just won't have time to charge the battery before a graduation shoot tomorrow night. I guess I can use the AC Adapter.

"Here in the US it is difficult to obtain a knife or a beaker of something dangerous."

Minors can buy ammunition and black powder in most states. I frequently did in Minnesota

growing up. However, some places would not sell me spray paint or butane. Most would,

though.

Sometimes kids need ammunition.