tether problems with eos

Trying to shoot with a Mark II or 20d tethered is always a problem. The

connection on the body is very loose and has be taped in place. Sometimes this

works, but it is very delicate and very often the eos capture or Capture One

does recognize the camera. The problem, I think, is with the woobly terminal

connection on the body. Does anyone else have this problem and have they a

solution? Is their a better usb connection cable that works better than others?

Can the terminal connection on the body be replaced without a major camera overhaul.

Thanks

I've never had a problem with the USB terminal on my 30D and I've had that for 11 months and always download from the camera as I don't have a card reader. The terminal is still snug. Tethered shooting (I was doing some just yesterday) is rock solid too.

I use any old USB lead lying around and very rarely the one supplied by Canon. My cable of choice normally, just because it is handy, is the one that came with my smartphone. The Canon one stays in my camera bag in case I need it when out and about or visiting people

Hmm, the USB connections on my 10D, 20D and 5D are all snug even after many sessions. I

haven't tried C1 but Remote Capture works perfectly everytime. Perhaps you should try a new

cable? I find a powered USB hub and 2 cables more reliable than a single long cable. The long

cable was flaky. Could a single long cable be your problem?

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

In the past I've taped the cable to the neck strap with a small loop from there to the camera, so the connector isn't supporting the weight of the cable back to the pc and any strain or tugs get taken up by the neck strap attachment instead of loosening or damaging the connectors.