Baby Mobile

gerfoy3

Hi All,

I'm thinking of getting a baby mobile so I can attach it to my camera to

encourage a young child/baby to look towards the lens. Does anything like this

exist?

If not I have to make my own, anyone done the before and how have they done it?

I have a few ideas floating around in that bhead of mine but haven't tried them

out yet so any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Ger

After I finished laughing about this, it's really not a bad idea. I don't use a whole mobile, but I've been known to hang little toys that play music from the lens, or tied around my wrist. If you can come up with a mobile that works and stays enough out of the way, let me know!

Ha Jason,

I know it sounds mad but it should work, I think?

I got the idea at a wedding, there was a little girl 2 yr old. I got some nice candid shots but when the parents wanted a family shot she tended to just look at them and cause she was looking at them they were looking at her trying to get her to look at me, which is never going to work...So if I could break out a colourful unusual looking thing in my direction she should look at it, or cry, maybe? But I have to try.....

Ger..

Hmm. I have a little novelty propeller with red and blue LEDs that rotate fast. Operates off a single AA battery. How about attaching same to the top of a "beanie" cap. Think of Mickey Ears... (Do we still use the term "beanie?") Colored lights is what I am thinking, and lightweight novelty item. Little expense. Portable. Definitely gets attention. I bought it for use in crossing pedestrian walkways, so I won't get hit at night. Didn't work...they came straight for me and hooted:-) I may patent this one...Best, GS

Ger- I'm shooting a one and two year old tomorrow and a wedding Saturday that has several children in it. I'll rig up a contraption and let you know how it works for me. Do they even sell "beanie" caps anymore? People would would never forget you if they saw you like that!