EOS Lenses in Hong Kong

aiper_f_i

Do you know any second-hand EOS stuff sellers in Hong Kong ?

Also NEW stuff Shops are welcome.

I will travel to Hong Kong for 10 days next week, and if you know any places,

which has at least similar prices to Ebay-Shops, please tell me and I will be

really happy..

Thanx,

regards.

There are a few shops in Champagne Court, Kimberley Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui (Kowloon), that sell good second hand stuff. Don't accept the first price they say, though, but bargain a bit.

For new stuff, Wing Shing in Sai Yeung Choi St South (Mong Kok), Kinefoto in Stanley St, Central (HK Island) and Tin Cheung Camera in Carnarvon Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui again, are honest and reliable. Make sure you get an international warranty, though, as there are lots of grey imports here.

To give you an idea, a new 85 1.2L Mk2 is HK $15000.

If you get lost or stuck, call me!

Jeff (0852)93779964

Kinefoto in Stanley street is where I get my stuff. Reliable and genuine service. There are a few shops in Stanley Street so you can shop around for a price.

You may or may not get a better price in Mong Kok depending on which way the wind is blowing, however, if you are in Stanley Street after you've made your purchase, you can discuss it over some of the best Dim Sum available in the Luk Yu Tea House.

Don't buy from shops which have no prices on display, particularly those along Nathan Rd, and at TST Star ferry, as they are renowned for scams.

Have a great trip.

Among those shops mentioned by others, Tin Cheung Camera Co (Add: 6B Carnarvon Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hongkong, Tel: (0852) 27221265) quotes the best price on average, better than eBay. However, it also sells grey market goods which are without manufacturers' warranty but from the co itself. The sales people will tell you whether original warranty or not (better you ask them first). Prices of the grey market goods (new ones also) are cheaper. You have to do your homeworks before shopping (eg. the problematic Canon EF 70-300mm IS USM with certain serial numbers). The shop may not sell used items though.

Beware of other camera shops in Tsimshatsui areas (or even Mongkok) as they are renowned for scams as pointed out by Matt.

Happy shopping!