OT Rollei 35 repair question

Forgive this OT request, but several forum members have related repair expertise

and may be able to help.

I still own a little Rollei 35 (the original f/3.5 Tessar version) and like to

take it out occasionally. The Compur shutter works fine on speeds of 1/30 and

above, but all slower speeds perform as 'B' (shutter remains open until button

is released).

I would guess that some little escapement is failing to engage. The camera is

essentially valueless, and I'm pretty handy, so I'm not averse a home repair.

Can anyone advise me what the fault is likely to be, and how to access the shutter?

Hi Jonathan,

I've owned a few Rollei 35s (before being won over by Leicas!) and had a similar problem. The guy who fixed mine said it was down to the lubricants drying up.

It's worth having a look at www.kyphoto.com/classics/ and doing a search for Rollei 35 there - I seem to remember there used to be quite a few pictures and info. on stripping them down and curing problems like this.

• 1 year later...

<p>Hi Jonathan,</p>

<p>I've been searching the whole kyphoto site but could not find anything about the rollei 35. Could you post a link – please? <br>

And please also the link to the PN Classic Cameras forum where you found the repair-manual? I am desperately looking for one, because at mine the meter does not work any more.</p>

<p>Thanks a lot!</p>

<p>Kristian</p>

<p>Kristian,<br>

I went to the Kyphoto site just now and did a search on "Rollei 35". It came up with over 1200 hits. Among the first few was the following, which you may find useful: http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/forum/messages/6900/5518.html <br>

I'm afraid I don't remember where I found the repair manual. It doesn't actually amount to more than a set of exploded diagrams and part lists, so I suspect it would not be much help with your meter issue.<br>

Good luck,<br>

Jonathan</p>