stretch marks help 911

was wondering if anyone had any helpful hints on reducing some of the sraie

(stretch marks) I know alot of you will say why did you take the shot in the

first place, but it was a maternity shot. I have tried healing stamp, clone

stop, dodging/burning and gausian blur so far with no appreciable results, any

help would be appreciated.

my intention was to use a honeycombgrid spot to just kiss the outline of her belly, cover the rest and hide the stretch marks in shadow It has worked bfore but I am not even sure what happened here.

Your exposure is *almost* a bigger problem... your lighting strategy only enhanced the texture.

Didn't you see that under the modeling lights (or hot lights)? A minute of thought before the shot will save you hours in photoshop, and usually provide a much better look.

If you must use this picture, try duplicating just the belly onto another layer and apply a heavy dose of 'surface blur'. Then add a mask to the layer and bring back some detail along the edges of the clothing and the belly button. I tried this quickly and it seemed to help. It won't make a great image, but it just might make it easier on the eyes.<div>00L3RC-36402184.thumb.jpg.c32eac328f8cb97fa3eb7caddfe0cb11.jpg</div>

Its a pain, but you could try "pixel-by-pixel" retouching. The term refers to this-

Alt-click on "create new layer" button at bottom of layers pallet. This brings up a dialog- choose "overlay" as your blend mode, then click "fill with 50% gray" at the bottom of the dialog. Paint on this new layer with white (I usually start about 7-10% opacity) to lighten shadows, black to darken highlights. Since overlay lightens anything lighter that 50% grey, and darkens anything darker than 50% grey, you can even out the skin tones, reducing the effect of the texture, which is in fact highlights and shadows. Do this at 100% zoom. Hope it helps!

Jen

In telling you to avoid tangential lighting, he's telling you to avoid using sidelighting, as sidelighting (especially harsh sidelighting) always brings out the texture of a subject and makes it more pronounced.

Find a way to stand an egg upright, and then in a dark room hold a bright light in front of it and study it, then slowly swing the light to the left or the right until it's to the side of the egg. Now study it again. See how much more apparent the texture of the eggshell became? Now try varying the distance of the light to the egg, moving it closer and farther and study that to see the effect it has on the shadows, etc.

Filter>Noise>Reduce noise= STRENGTH:10/PRESERVE DETAILS:4/REDUCE COLOR NOISE:98%

Use the healing brush tool to help blend leftover marks. (Need not be too perfect.)

Repeat step 1

ENHANCE>ADJUST LIGHTING>LEVELS= INPUT LEVELS: 30/1.00/255 & OUTPUT LEVELS: 0/225

FILTER>SHARPEN>UNSHARP MASK= AMOUNT:100 RADIUS:2.00 THRESHOLD:0

The best I could do, hope it helps!

-Anthony<div>00L6NJ-36469084.thumb.jpg.157839a17e4eac899c1f4fb5042392bb.jpg</div>

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I realize that you are spending a lot of time creating a smooth surface but the truth is that

the woman has stretch marks and they are a part and symbol of her pregnancy, she probably

wouldn't recognize HER belly in some of the corrections. The original is too harsh but don't

remove them all together.

• 2 months later...