First Engagement session of the year

mike bauer

I think maybe some different lenses, bigger apertures and more interesting DOF would help

out. They all look like they were taken with a mid-range lens at F8. I'd suggest you get in

closer and pay close attention to backgrounds. A lot of them had distracting poles and stuff

behind the couple (like the ones of them hugging on the bridge).

Good luck! :) Sarah

Sarah

I actually did use a couple lenses - a 17-55 and and 80-200, but I did keep the fstop between 2.8 and 8 for the most part

As for the poles and stuff....I looked - I don't see any poles, but I do see trees ;o)

Thanks

Mike

I think you did a fine job.

I would suggest editing more thoroughly. There are way too many of the same pose there.

I couldn't make it through all of them.

I would say that I agree with Sarah that you could've used a shorted DOF. You also should

watch how often you hide the man with the woman's body. Not only does that make him

look less important, but it makes her look bigger.

As far as poles or trees, I didn't notice, but I did see some big ole leaves in his face.

I know it's hard, but try to get the couples to interact with each other more, without

freezing for the camera. They look pretty stiff in the first dozen or so.

You have some really nice keepers here. I'd narrow it down to about 30 tops for a better

impact.

LOL, sorry about that ... poles, trees, WHATEVER! In _DSC2215.jpg the tree is coming right

out of the guys head. In _DSC2220.jpg it's coming out of the girl's head. There's a bunch

of those ... I find it really distracting. I'm super picky about stuff like, that, though. They

probably won't notice.

Another one ... _DSC2311_bw.jpg would be really cute, but that damn pole (this time it IS a

pole!) is on the left pulling my eye away from the couple. I would have taken a few steps

over to the left and shot them with a less-cluttered background.

I agree with Zofia on editing down the number shown. I only show the very best.

Good luck! :) Sarah

The guy has limited hair, therefore try not to photograph the top of his head. The lighting is a little dead, so the lady has light skin and he has darker eye sockets, you need to light him up a bit more on only a few shots. Too bad he didn't dress just a alittle nicer to match her. She has beautiful hair and you did a nice job accenting it on some of your images. Well done.

Looks like you nailed a few shots that they will treasure forever.

Bob