Pentax screw mount to K adapter

greg_cornish

If we told you, then it wouldn't be much of a secret now would it? Sorry, but I couldn't resist. Ok, here is the nugget of truth that you seek. Actually there are two secrets. First, the only screw mount adapter that actually works is the one from Pentax. If you do a search, you will find that virtually all difficulties are from off brand products. So, once we get this thing off, you may want to consider this if it continues its stubborn ways. To remove the adapter, you simply put a small pointy object (I use a jewlers screw driver) on top of the spring and pull down while you are twisting the mount off. This is one of those things that takes a few times to get the hang of it. Once you do, you'll be slapping your forehead whilst questioning your own intellect. I speak from having this experience. You should NOT be bending tools, etc. Gentle pressure is all it takes to disengage the spring lock and then you just turn the mount off (while also pressing the lens release button like a regular lens mount). It's a little un-nerving the first time. Maybe take it to a camera shop and have them show you? Thats what I ended up doing a few years ago. Have fun.

Mel

While my lens was off and i was fooling around with this, i got my first dust specks on my sensor. so far I have chased it from one side to the other with a rocket blower without removing it. I need a clean room for changing lenses.