Mamiya RB67 K/L 127mm "L" lens - works on RB Pro SD?

artflei

I just happened to look at an auction of a Sekor K/L 127mm L lens and was

wondering if this lens works on an RB67 Pro S body? I have read on the Mamiya US

website that K/L lenses can be used on Pro S bodies after a spacer ring on the

rear of the lens has been removed. But I understand there are some lenses (e.g.

75mm shift) that don't work with the Pro S?

Are there two versions of the 127mm K/L lens out there - one "L" and one "no-L"?

<p>Sorry, there's a type in my post's title: I meant to ask wether <b>K/L L</b> lenses work on the <b>Pro S</b> body. There's a chart in the <a href="http://www.mamiya.com/assets/pdfs/6x7/RB67_Pro_SD_v7.PDF" target="_blank">Pro SD user's manual</a> (page 37) that suggests the don't. But in the <a href="http://www.mamiya.com/faqs.asp?id=3&id2=126&id3=1543" target="_blank">Pro SD FAQs</a> it says: </p>

<blockquote><p>Q. Will the current KL lenses fit my Pro S body?</p>

<p>A. Yes they will, except for the 75mm shift and 500mm APO. Make sure you remove the spacer ring located around the lens? rear element.</p></blockquote>

<p>I'm confused!</p>

I believe that there is a rubber gasket ring at the rear of these lenses that must be removed for them to fit on the Pro-S. I have a Pro-S myself, but all my lenses are the C variety, so I can only repeat what I've read elsewhere - so take it for what it's worth...

- Randy

Arthur, KL lenses need an adaptor ring if they are used on a Pro SD body as that body has a larger lens mount than the Pro and Pro S bodies to enable it to mount the 75mm shift lens. You should be able to use a KL lens without the adaptor ring on the Pro S. The KL lens you're looking at may not have the adaptor ring fitted, but if so you'll find it may be difficult to get off but with patience will move.

David

<p>Thanks, what you say confirms what is stated in the Mamiya website's FAQs. </p>

<p>I'm just irritated by that chart in the Pro SD manual and that there it says "L" type lenses don't fit the Pro S body - see attached picture. I just browsed some current eBay auctions of K/L lenses and didn't find one that <i>didn't</i> have the "L" denomination - K/L 90mm L, K/L 127mm L, K/L 180mm L-A... (what does L-A mean?)</p>

<p>Peter, what is engraved on your lens: "Mamiya K/L 1:3.5 f=127mm <b>L</b>"?</p><div>00KyoV-36295384.jpg.374327b502a8642a5ca2188107374bd6.jpg</div>

• 3 years later...

<p>I know this an old thread but I just got a brand new Mamiya 90/3.5 KL L lens that will not mount to my Pro-S body. I do not see any "spacer ring" on the back of the lens unless it's the ring which rotates to hold the lens on the body. If so not sure how the lens would function without it. Now must I but a Pro-SD body or am I missing something?<br>

Help anyone?</p>

<p>I thought the adaptor ring was to go on the older lenses so they locate into the wider opening of the Pro SD body. The K/L lenses are wider and already fit this body without the adaptor.</p>

<p>The older lenses can be mounted without the adaptor but it is advisable to use it to help locate the lens centrally.</p>