Battery adapter for Yashica Lynx 14e

Now when I'we got my lynx to work, I'm looking for a battery adapter.

I'we heard somewhere that some batteries are not on the same voltage as the

orginal battery, and can ruin the light meter.

Anyone know what adapter and battery is best for this camera?

regards

Frímann

The Yashica works on 6v , I use four LR44 cells. A holder is simply a short section of 1/2" id clear plastic hose cut it 37mm long the four LR44 will fit inside plus a spacer of 16mm long. Assemble and insert in the camera's holder it will work changes in voltage are not important with the Yashica system. On the other hand the adaptor from Yashica Guy is not very costly and they do work too. Enjoy your camera. Cheers Manfred

Hi,

Joing this a bit late... seeking clarification. If the 14e/5000e originaly used 2 x 1.35v (2.7v) will the meter function right with 2 x 1.5v? A PX625 (these days) is 1.5V. I also got the impression that Yashica Guy's adapter is not for this model. I've seen an on-line dealer selling new the proper physical size battery but also at 1.5v per cell. I guess the question is the difference of 2.7v vs 3.0v critical. I doubt it will damage the meter, but it may influence the operation. The mercury cells were likely chosen for their "constant" property.

Chuck

I just saw this on ebay:<p>

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/YASHICA-PX-640-BATTERY-ADAPTER-KIT-TL-ELECTRO-LYNX_W0QQitemZ190108459526QQihZ009QQcategoryZ48550QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">

YASHICA PX 640 BATTERY ADAPTER KIT TL ELECTRO & LYNX</a><p>

Sounds good, and the guy seems to know what he's talking about, even though he uses capitals allot :)

<p>

can anyone confirm that these 1.5 batteries can destroy the light meter?

My Lynx 14e has two PC640A batteries. Using them, the meter consistently exposes for one stop more light than my Sekonic and Weston meters, but I think this is a calibration issue rather than a voltage one. However, I tend to use a hand-held meter with all my compacts, except the Yashica GSNs, of course, where this is not an option. I just leave the batteries out, to avoid risk of corrosion.