Fringe problem in Nikon D-80

Hello Friends, i am back with my new problem i am having Nikon D80 with nikon

28x 105 af lense. i am having fringe problem with it i dont know what mistake i

am doing, i have reset my camera also but in my most product (indoor with

studio flash lights) shoot i am facing Purple and blue fringe problem. please

share our coments i will be thankful to you..

i am having only one lense.

and do tell me that fringe problem comes by lense or camera

photo link attached

have a look at the sample

http://www.photo.net/photo/5916404<div>00Kz2J-36299284.jpg.047b89a2305d548d739d5c07aa4bea9a.jpg</div>

I get that using both my Pentax K100D's kit lens and a Vivitar

28-135 macro zoom nondigital lens.

I don't know if this is expected but it seems a common issue with

backlit subjects with any camera. I even get this on several

scans of 35mm film taken with P&S's and an old Yashica SLR

camera I've used in the past.

Also I've seen it even worse on cable TV broadcast like on the

Learning Channel and Discovery where I'm sure they use very

expensive camera's and equipment.

From the size of the blow-up, I'ld say it's hardly noticeable.

Hey Gunpreet,

What we're all trying to tell you is that you're having this problem because of the zoom lens that you're using. Zoom lense are a compromise and one of the compromises, at least in the consumer zoom lenses, is that they tend to have a higher amount of fringing.

If you're lens is a problem, then you need to get a different lens. A low cost, high quality lens that won't have these problems is the the 50mm f1.8 prime lens. With a high quality prime lens you won't have this problem in the first place. Problem solved!

There are also a wide variety of low cost prime manual focus lenses that you can use, although they won't meter with your D80 (manual only).

-Tom

Not much you can do really, except in post-processing. Try an 18-70mm nikkor - I have virtually no fringing on mine. Also, you might try underexposing by 1/3 to 2/3 stop to reduce the CA from dark/light transition areas & then fix in software (best to shoot RAW).

• 1 month later...

There is a filter that was designed for chromatic abberations such as that. It was made specifically for astro-photography where the abberations like that would 'bloom' the stars. It's called a 'minus-violet' filter and is made by Lumicon. Basically it cuts out the high end of the violet spectrum where chromatic abberations occur. I personally haven't used it with normal photography, I have used it on some of my astro-photography done thru a refractor scope similar to older telephoto lenses.

http://lumicon.com/telescope-accessories.php?iid=LF3135&cid=25&in=Minus+Violet+Filter+72mm&hn=

It's not the normal type of solution I'm sure. The others have already sent some sound solutions to the problem but it's an alternative. Just my $.02 worth..