filip1

Hi eveyone, I've shot my first wedding on the weekend and it turned out ok,

but my photos are coming out a bit washed out as in clour wise, too yellow or

reds are too bright. I know its not the way I shot, but i think my proof setup

in photoshop is doing in, what are your preferences in retouching the photos,

do you do it in PC/MAC-RGB or working CMYK? Dose any one know of any good

plugins to get or filters as well?

thanx filip

Flip. I work in sRGB for what it's worth. I also shoot in RAW and am using Adobe Lightroom

to process the RAWs. Most of your problem can be linked to color temperature/balance. It

looks like you are telling your camera one thing and shooting something else. If you shoot

in RAW you don't have to worry quite as much about this.

Also, learning to color correct by the numbers (RGB/CMYK) will help eliminate monitor

calibration issues. For instance if you know what a good skin tone value is (i.e. what

percentage of each Cyan Magenta and Yellow) you can use that as your target. Of course

everyone's skin is slighly different but I think it helps get you in the ball park.

Pick up a good book about RAW editing and really try to understan what each slider/

control does.

I fixed your image mostly with correcting the white balance, and then adjusting the skin

tones from there and also lightening as necessary.

Good luck.

Todd

See attached image.<div>00KtkO-36196784.jpg.b23c58d091429a995845d97e08072097.jpg</div>

Flip, you say it's not the way you shot but your posted photo says otherwise. It is underexposed and has poor white balance. No doubt the bright window in the background caused your camera to underexpose the face. Shooting RAW will help you recover some exposure and set white balance. With Lightroom and CS3, you can now open JPEGS in ACR which makes it easier to correct non-raw files. CMYK is only for offset printing, so unless your doing work for a magazine or catalog, stick with a flavor of RGB. You also need a colorimeter to calibrate your monitor.

Paul