Canon 35D? ... or 30D

throbinson

When the 40D or (whatever it may go by) was not introduced in April, I decided to go for the 30D after a long wait. I got it at a great price. The nominal improvements over the 20D were significant enough (IMO) for me to make the switch. It is my first digital camera and I'm glad I chose it. I just couldn't wait another 4-6 months for the replacement - too many events going on this summer (graduations, weddings etc).

By the way, the canon rep at our local camera store last Friday did not make mention of any replacemetns. Either he was playing dumb or did not know.

• 3 weeks later...
Retrospect on an older thread: As it turned out, the big news was the new 1D Mark III. After some time, still no word on a '40D' but previous surprise announcements from Canon seem to have often been preceded by the onset of discounting of the soon -to-be-replaced model. Who can tell? Looking at the pictures I took on my recent trip with the 20D and the XTi, it's hard to see any significant difference between the 8 MP and the 10 MP pictures, anyhow.