Mamiya 7 II what Flash work good.

j.f_f

Hi all.

I search but I don't found nothing about what flash go fine with Mamiya 7 II.

Do you can say me what flash you use with this one? And how is the best way for to reach natural shots

with that flash.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my bad English.

Firstly, don't worry about your "bad English". Most people in the USA and England do not even have a second language!

Flash technique:

Using a simple on-camera flash, one that can be turned up, or to the side for a "bounce" is best. I mean, bounce the light off a wall or the ceiling if you are inside a house. This way you get better light on portraits. Flash directly into the face gives no shading and causes the "red eye" effect.

But for a strong enough bounce it needs to have some power. Some other members will advise what the minimum should be.

One which also has a "Fill" light is the best type of on-camera flash.

In the studio I use big studio lamps, but when going out, I use a Metz 45CT system. There are better Metz models available now, both big and small.

This style of flash is ideal: http://www.metz.de/photo_electronics/mecablitz_54_MZ-4.171.html

There are several brands on the market.

Other members will tell you about their favourite portable flash. There are many to choose from. But the Metz Mecablitz 54 MZ-4 you can see has the main flash head which can turn in any direction and the fill flash. The sensor on the Metz is very accurate.

Kevin, in Norway.

The Mamiya 7II is not a TTL camera, so you can use pretty much any thyristor flash with it. I have Nikon flashes for my DSLRs, so I use SB-80DX and SB-800 flashes with my Mamiya 7IIs. But you could get almost as much power with an old-school Vivitar 285HV flash, which retails for only $90 U.S. and has a range of accessories:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=61441&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Also, if you're looking for a flash bracket, there is a Stroboframe Pro-T designed for the M7II:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=105120&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

I would suggest an SB26 Nikon flash. It can be a slave also that ignores preflashes. Also it has enough power and can go wide angle too. Nice that you can go to 1/500 sec sync with the M7; if have not purchased the M7II maybe saving money buying the M7 is a good idea, use the savings for a good flash. A lot of the really new Nikon flashes have features for newer ttl Nikon bodies like F100 F5 etc. older Nikon flashes are perfect for manual cameras and were built well.

I've used a half dozen different flashes and studio flash with the Mamiya 7. There isn't a specific flash that will "work good" with the camera, because it has no dedicated flash control, any flash that has manual or automatic mode will work fine. Only flashes that are TTL only will be a problem. It comes down to what features you want with in the flash, nothing to do with the camera.

What Jeff said.

When I used the Mamiya 7II, I just used a Nikon flash I already had. Set it on A or used it

manually. The only thing you need watch out for on modern flashes intended for cameras like

Nikons is the "sleep" mode. The flash will go to sleep to conserve power and nothing in the

Mamiya will wake it back up. The Nikon flash had a custom setting to shut that feature off.

Thanks all for your kinds responses.

I do the question above, because already I have a Metz 32 MZ-3 for Canon and don't fire

with Mamiya 7 II, but with Canon camera go "fine"

Do you know if this flash work with Mamiya 7 ? Or the camera need go for repair.

The main use with flash will be fill Flash.

Thanks in advance

As an aside, one feature you get on Nikon's flagship flashes (e.g. SB-25, SB-26, SB-28, SB-28DX, SB-80DX and SB-800) that you don't get on Canon flashes is the "Auto" thyristor "eye." It really is nice to have flashes that can do TTL/i-TTL duty on Nikon cameras, but which also provide an "Auto" mode for non-Nikon cameras and for older all-manual Nikon cameras.

Thank you very much to all for your helps.

I changed the Canon module for the standard, and the Metz 32 work, at least it do fire.

If the exposure is good,I will remain with him.

Thanks again.

Regards