E-500-Unable to see image in LCD screen while taking photos.

sreenivasa_murti_poluri

Hi All,

I am new to Digital SLR, we are unable to see image in LCD screen while taking

photos(means if in normal Digital camera if you want to take picture we will

directly see in LCD and will take picture with out seeing in viewfinder), but

in DSLR we have to see in View finder.

is it correct?

In all DSLR are like that

Please provide you valuable suggestions regarding this.

Or is there any problem in the LCD screen..

But we are able to see pictures after taking the photos.

Thanks and Regards.

May I suggest that you do some reading on DSLR cameras? With a DSLR there is no preview, like you have with a P&S. You have to look through the viewfinder to see what you will get once you depress the shutter button. Only AFTER you took the picture can you see it on the LCD.

The post above says it all. Most DSLRs do not allow you to see the image through the LCD before the picture is taken (known as 'live view').

However, Olympus have developed one camera which can do this, the Olympus E330. There are also 2 more cameras due in a month or two which will have live view, the E410 and E510.

The E330 is currently the only affordable SLR which can do live view. It is now going very cheap to make room for the E410 and E510.

The only other camera which can do it is the Canon EOS 1DMkIII, which is very expensive and heavy.

David

I personally have not found it helpful to either sharpness or composition to take photos while holding the camera at arm's length so that I can see a little screen on its back panel. For this reason I have always felt that viewfinderless P&S digitals (Sony seems particularly fond of that concept) are little more than plastic doorstops, and I would not be willing to pay an extra nickel to add the "preview" function to a DSLR.

But that's just me :)=

I use the liveview function on my E330 regularly. When using a high speed lens like the

Sigma 30/1.4 in low light, B mode 10X will allow me to focus accurately on a person's eyes.

Autofocus or normal viewfinder focus isn't accurate enough for me, at least. There are other

good uses for it as I'm sure others will chime in.

• 2 weeks later...

I like my old Olympus E-10 dslr with the beam splitting prism (instead of a mirror), sending one image to the viewfinder and one to the CCD imager. You never lose view in the viewfinder and the LCD display works constantly whenever it's turned on, and the LCD display tilts up or down for composing those real high or low shots!

Fred