and may buy it. Wow, what a bazooka of a camera! My first impression is that I

like it, and I believe it will suit my shooting habits (tripod, more time spent

per exposure).

This Pro seems to be in pretty good condition, but needing to be cleaned. I

wouldn't feel comfortable depending on the camera unless I had it serviced. Who

would be good to have this equipment serviced. What are the particular issues I

should look at for the equipment before I decide to buy it? How much would you

think I should expect to pay to have it serviced? If I buy this camera, I'll

have more questions I'm sure, even with the manual that I just downloaded. Can I

the camera's history based on its serial numbers? If so, how? Thanks.

If you live on the west coast there is a Mamiya trained service tech in the LA area. AFAIK, he's the only one around and all the camera shops in LA send out to. I've brought my RZ67 ProII to him for cleanings ect. Going there tomorrow in fact to pick up a lens. Email me if you need his contact info.

Well the RB was built like a tank so it is unilely it will have any hidden problems because if they don't work, they need repairs. If it's working, they just need some maintenance to assure it's going to be reliable for the next 30 years.

Check the bellows for light leaks, Check the foam seals to see if the are gummy. Make sure the lenses fire both on and off the camera as well as in Mirror up Mode. You'll be able to hear the speeds if they are relatively correct. You really can't check that unless you have a shutter tester but they should sound about right. How does the cocking feel for the camera and the lenses? Is it smooth? Check the back to see if a roll of film will properly transport. While putting the roll of film through, check to see if all the double exposure features work.

One word of caution... DON'T FORCE ANYTHING! If it doesn't cock, don't push it, figure out why it;s not cocking. If it doesn't fire, don't force it, figure out why first. If you can't figure it out, leave it alone and ask an RB user why. Also be sure to put a cocked lens on a cocked body or you will lock the lens on the body and will need a tech or learn some tricks to remove it.

Price of these things vary from $300 with a 90mm lens to $450 depending on condition, the 180mm lens alone will fetch around $150 depending on the model's age n condition.

Are the lenses Non-C C or K K/L? The front of the lens will have the C or K info. If none it's a Non-C.

Serial numbers are not an indication of age.

The more you say, the less people listen.

Lenses are C lenses. The camera has been well cared for, but I would need to clean the

lenses, probably have the camera refoamed, etc. I haven't checked the PC on the lenses, but I

will get to it. How about the metered chimney finder? Anyone have experience with this thing,

or maintenence issues with it? Honestly, I'm not that into the chimney, except that it looks so

bizarre and cooky on the camera, but I would like to know if the meter is reliable, and is it

servicable.

Meters are where thigs get a bit tricky. The way Mamiya setup their meters isn't using a variable carbon resistor, they went all the way and used a ceramic disk with a very fine gold which varies in resistance. Problem is after 30 some years, it gets worn n out of whack. That wouldn't be a problem if you can just get the part. Mamiya doesn't have those anymore and you won't find anyting to replace it with. So if it's working, great. If not, the chimney is nice to use as a view finder since it blocks out the stray light making the screen easier to focus on. I have the non-metered one and love it for the adjustable diopter.
The more you say, the less people listen.