A 35mm SLR as good as my mamiya c330

I also recommend a Pentax - a Spotmatic if you can find a good one or K1000. The MX is a lovely little camera though look carefully at those 'magic needles' in the film take up for missing or broken ones.

An alternative is Nikon - either a Nikkormat FTn or maybe the Nikon FM2. I loved my FE2 but they are no longer easily mainttained.

I like the Nikon FM. Does what you need it to do and I have taken professional photos with it. I have taken vacation photos with it. It is coming with me to the Grand Canyon the end of the month to do more of the same.

Of course, the FM2n, the F, the Nikkormat.. all are good. Watch out for the mercury battery (no longer made) for the meters. I guess there is something else you can use, but I don't have any of those bodies right now.

"I'm looking for an old- ish, fully manual SLR ... I can't afford to spend more than ?80/$150"

Go for the M42 screwmount. I have a Pentax Spotmatic and a Yashica TL-Electro. While the Spotmatic has better mindshare, the Electro is much nicer to use. The viewfinder is brighter, and makes focusing just that much easier.

Camera model name aside, the Electro is all mechnical. I use mine meterless (guestimating exposure with negative film isn't a problem.)

Topcon Super D or DM. Simply put (in my opinion), there is no other camera in its class, optically or mechanically. I own a Super D and a Leicaflex SL; the SL comes in a very close second to the Topcon. Fabulously sharp and contrasty lenses on a tank-like body, interchangable finders, screens, and backs. Silky smooth controls, superb open-aperture metering. And dollar for dollar, the Topcor lenses cost less than their Leica counterparts. You should be able to find a nice Super D for about $150. You won't regret it.

Just because..I've been reading the responces above & felt saying.

1)To the guy who sayes the yashica mat optics aren't as good as the mamiya TLR's.Well,I've got both (yashinon & Blk blue dot)& up to 11" X 14" I can't see a real difference.At 16 X 20 who knows,but at a working aperature of F8 to 11 x 14..no real difference I can see..others may disagree.

2)Was Chinon Cs ever sold under the Gaf name?I think I have one those..& yes,it's a damn good camera.Bigger than a Pentax & not quite the fit & feel damn adequate.

Hey js bc. I've got a Minolta dimage 7. No interchangeable lens, but pretty sharp. Have had

a lot of fun with it. After reading the posts, I must admit I decided to save for a few more

months and get myself the F2 when I can afford one. Then what happened? A 2nd hand

shop had a Contaflex Super B with the Tessar 2.8/50 in the window for the princely sum of

?15. I just couldn't resist! First roll going through as we speak. Still want the Nikon

though...

My personal choice-A Canon F-1 with 50mm 1.4.

The one below cost me $99 from KEH, although they're now $89. The 50mm 1.4 typically sells for around $40, although mine came on an FTb for which I paid $50. I have another one in the new mount, as opposed to breech lock(like the one below) for which I paid $37 at KEH.

The FTb is also a good choice, and quite a bit less expensive than the F-1.<div>00Kpa8-36112184.jpg.5d1273854fe8099f1fb0998489339a12.jpg</div>