Slide Show called Proshow Gold

mike_hallock

Has any one have the experience with the slide show program called Proshow Gold

from Photodex?

I have reviewed several and undecided on which one to get. I liked the one from

Showitfast but the restrictions are not my cup of tea. I am seriously thinking

about ProShow Gold and plan to buy it this week.

But I wanted to get any input about the program.

Thanks ahead of time.

Mike Hallock

I use it a lot. I haven't found anything I like better and I have looked at quite a few.

It isn't perfect, it definitely has a few quirks, but I doubt you will find anything more powerful for less than $200 USD.

Just a hint, you can achieve some powerful effects not already in the extensive effects list by placing the same photo in the line up two or more consecutive times, each version with different editing. Then by using a rather fast fade and by controling the display time of each photo, you can create all sorts of effects that make the viewer think he/she is seeing a single photo display.

Two words...Processing Power....

I have this program and love it....but it is one program that needs lots of memory to run well. The more fading in and out you do of images, adding of music, text, etc, adds tremendously to the drag on your system, especially if you plan to burn HIGH QUALITY DVD's. I have a machine running Windows XP, with 1 GB of RAM and, quite honestly....it barely handles this program, and that's only if I burn CD's, not DVD's.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this program this morning; bought it tonight!

While other programs offer some of the features of ProShow Gold, nothing I have seen does it all. I found the options for setting disolves (transitions), sharpening and color balance to be all I'll ever need.

I placed 28 jpegs into a slide show that looks very professional, and I did it in about 30 minutes, with little reference to the help file.

I think it's a bargain at $69.95.

Jeff Lowenthal