Lucerne or Interlaken

andy_cha

Hey guys,

I have to be in Zurich for work and will have a weekend to myself. I was

debating between going to Lucerne or Interlarken. I wanna takes pics of the

classic views of lakes and snow capped mountains with spring flowers. Can you

give me some tips please? Thanks

Interlaken because of where you can get to easily and quickly on the BOB train. Along the valleys to Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen. Walks from Kleine Scheiddegg or Murren. Cable cars up to First and Mannlichen and train to Schynige Platte for higher altitude walks. Access to the top of the Jungfrau or Schilthorn. Much more variety in the area around than Lucerne , and though both towns are pleasant I don't think either is a candidate for serious photography.

I would check with the tourist authorities about snow and which transport systems/paths are operational before you go.

You might be rather early for the wildflowers if you're going soon.

Annecy is miles away. Luzerne is very picturesque but I would suggest Interlaken as it has the most variety. It is very difficult to resist the temptation to start spinning around singing The Sound of Music whilst in the mountains above Interlaken. There are amazing waterfalls, mountains, mountain villages and lakes/rivers.

Also the valleys of Graubunden will provide a lesser photographed area os Switzerland to explore.

Another vote for Interlaken. The trains, trams and finiculars (sp?) from Interlaken run on perfect time (of course) and have terrific access to some terrific scenery. For some ideas on images, you can see some from my site here:

<a href="http://www.whitemountainphoto.com/gallery_switzerland.html">www.whitemountainphoto.com/gallery_switzerland.html</a>

Another vote for Interlaken and the BOB train network up into the Bernese Oberland. Try the gentle 6 mile downhill walk from the Mannlichen ridge to Kleine Scheidegg for superb views of Grindelwald and the Eiger. Also Schynige Platte for panoramas of the Lauterbrunnen valley.