Hoffman Anyone had any Albums printed ?

adrian_wilson6

Hi,

I'm seriously looking at Hoffman for my Wedding Albums, now before you all start

shouting I am aware that the backgrounds are limited. To overcome this I have

designed my own backgrounds and have about 100 designs over six textures plus

others which can all be customised with text etc, etc. The software Hoffman

offers is basic but excellent in operation, when I use my own backgrounds the

Album really comes to life, but I have not as yet had one printed, is there

anyone who can comment. Ohhh and the price, that's the really nice part, I think ?

Cheers,

Adrian.

You ought to order one and tell us what you think. At that price it wouldn't cost much to find out. But usually these low cost consumer photo books end up looking like what they are: low cost photo books.

My problem with low end printers is that if you consider the value of your time designing each page, you don't really save enough to make it worth delivering an inferior product. Often they might do a good job of the printing, but still the binding and cover look cheesey.

I had one made last year... for the price, it can be considered good. It's a flush mount

album, digital press printed... the overall quality is "good", but cannot be compared to

Graphi : they're not in the same league...

The pages are pelliculated (spelling ?) : like post cards, they're covered with a highly

reflective film. The pages are thick and rigid. The cover is soft, and actually quite nice.

Craftmanship could be better, but not at that price.

I offer it for my parent albums... Give it a try... delivery is quite fast (if I recall, around 2

weeks).

PS : my first post... Hope it helps...

• 1 month later...

I just recieved my first album from Hoffmann.

At this low cost I will consider the product very good.

Pages a aprox 1mm thich and coated. I have not been able to this in any other easy made cunsumer products anywhere. Have you?

That said, the book is NOT deluxe. It reminds me of my 3 year old daughters 'my first word' book ect.

The b/w photos are blueish - thats bad. Color prints er fine.

Email me, if you are interessted in detail photos of the Hoffman.

I will be offering the Hoffmann against the same size MyPublisher and just let the couple choose. My bet is that they will all go for the MyPublisher but lets see.

I do not offer deluxe books at production cost over 500US. The marked in Denmark for this is limited, and I can make a lot more selling the lowcost books....so far..

Cheers

Peter

www.peterholmfoto.dk