Mack warrnty for refurbished nikon D70s

If it comes with an as-new Nikon warranty then the Mack is basically an extended warranty -- if you like extended warranties, it might be good for you. I almost never buy them, preferring to self-insure when the manufacturer's warranty is operative.

If it comes with a shorter or no Nikon warranty, then I would spring for the Mack only if the bundle represents at least a 10% saving over the price of a new D70s.

BTW, any links to consumers' experiences with Mack warranties would be extremely useful.

MAKSIM:

I'm from MACK. When you buy an extended warranty, it is just what it says. It extends the manufactues warranty for a certain length of time.

Mack does everything it can to repair your unit for that period of time. Our customer service dept is always avaliable to help you. Plus you can find many answers to your questions on our web site. www.mackcam.com.

Mack has been in business since 1938 and ' WE TRY TO DO IT RIGHT'

Barry

Sorry guys, but Warner speaks the truth. I owned what must have been the world's worst Nikon camera, a Coolpix 990. It visited Torrance a couple of times under warranty with Nikon. Then it lost its battery cover lock and needed more electronic work.

This was three or so years into the life of the camera (remember, I'm trying to depreciate this piece of trash for five years, thank you IRS). Mack fixed it and sent it back, end of story.

After that I used it for another couple of years and gave it to our partner, who is still using it. Pretty good for a sub-$75 warranty on a camera that originally cost over a thousand dollars.

Just ask yourself how long the camera will have a useful life (to you) and compare the warranty as a percentage of the price of the hardware. YMMV.

Phil