Noblex problem

neil_grant

I tried this post a few days ago under 'alternative cameras' but had no replies...maybe there are some MF

Noblex users out there...

My Noblex 135 U seems to be behaving strangely.... On the short exposure range, the camera delivers

reduced exposure times as selected BUT only on in one direction, in this case 1/30, 1/60, 1/125 etc. If the

process is reversed eg if the camera is set to 1/500, and then a longer time is selected eg 1/250, then an

incorrect time is delivered. Judging by the speed of drum rotation this is about 1/30 sec.

I'm sure, when new, the camera didn't behave like this. Has anybody else experienced this?

I don't know if I understood your question correctly, but 1/500 dosn't mean that the lens rotation time is 1/500, but the istant of picture capture time is 1/500, but actual lens rotation time is longer, if this isn't your answer, than your camera seems to have lens rotation motor problem, I never used 135U, but I've been using the 175 for about two year, and I have never had any problem with the shutter speed or the dial.

I had a similar problem with a new 135 Noblex. In my case, the drum often rotated at 1/250 or 1/500 speed even when the speed had been set on 1/30 or 1/60. It worked okay in the slow speed range (available in some models). I had to send it to factory in Germany two times before they were able to fix it. Now it has been okay.

• 1 month later...

Neil, I noticed when playing with mine that if I left the green/red knob on red when selecting the higher end shutter speeds it would play with the timing. I cant remember now but like 1/500th would actually be 1/30th. Dont quote me on that but it was something similar.

Have you got it fixed yet? (just noting the time posted till now)