My Business Card - Critique please

taffyjohnson

A business card should say a few things...

<p>

Your name & business name, phone/fax number, email address, physical mailing/studio

address, your website URL, and some indication about what kind of photography you do.<p>

You don't need all of the above, but you are missing a few key elements. What type of

photography are you selling? Where are you? What's your email address? How do I get to

your website to see some images.

This is just a first attempt on my card. I was thinking to put the rest info on the back. Abt 'tjphotographics' there is already a gentleman with the name 'tjphotography'. my options were either 'tjphoto' or 'tjphotographics'. I guess I have to re-think abt the name.

Abt the logo. This logo was created a month back and to all the people I showed, pretty much everyone loved it. I appreciate all the comments

cheers

Do you have a web page taffy? If so, i wouldn't finalize this card without it on it somewhere. I do like this design but....i think it needs a "Softer" feel to it. Would you consider changing the color of the "J" ? I would like to see it in a softer color like pink or a soft shade of green etc...

If I saw that on a building, I'd figure it was a new-wave Pentacostal church. There's one down the street which uses a dagger-like cross like that. Are you a fundamentalist photographer? "Photographics" may be OK, if you're into photography AND graphics. Again, there's a business here with that name; they do photoprocessing and graphic design.

If there is already a TJ Photography, why would you want to confuse potential clients with a similiar name. I would find something different, not a tweak on the same name. I agree with previous people, your card makes me think martial arts, weddings aren't black and red.

Hi Taffy! I like your logo a lot! I think maybe if the background wasn't black the card wouldn't have the martial arts feel. If that doesn't work, then maybe play around with the colors of the logo a bit as well. (plus without the full black bleed background, it will probably not cost as much to print either) Also since the logo is so long, you could try turning the card and doing a vertical layout? Good Luck!! :-)

• 11 months later...