problems shooting with the rz 67

freundt

hi everyone. this is weird. i have a mamiya rz 67 pro II. two things: one is

that i could shoot with the darkslide in the film back. but the other is that

it won't shoot when the release button is in the normal position. it shoots

when in multiple exposure or when the release is in the emergency position

(orange button) and it could shoot with the darkslide in place. there's no way

i can shoot the camera in normal position. an orange light comes on in the

viewfinder. i've tried it all. any advice, suggestion? please help.

thanks,

gustavo

One of my RZ's developed a similar problem to yours where it will not fire. Mine was something related to the wiring, but believe it or not it will fire when I use the electronic cable release, so I kept it as a back up and store it with the release.

ouch Bruce, i find this is the most hassle (or hassel) free mf camera ever.

if the camera is in emergency mode the shutter is fired mechanically. and theres no electronic safety features. so its perfectly normal that you can shoot with the darkslide in the film back.

i know this might sound obvious but maybe you didnt try that: i guess the battery is emty. the camera simply does not work without a battery.

you say it works in M mode ? im M mode in emergency mode or in normal mode ? that would make things a bit more difficult.

D.

Wow Bruce, I'm fairly new here, is this how we act? If you don't care for a particuliar Make/Model why not just not answer questions that don't pertain to you. I guy posts a question he would like help with and you give him an answer like that... wow Bruce what a guy.

Like any camera, you can get a dud. I've owned two and still own one of them. Used it

constantly and it's never failed (knock on wood), ... sometimes shooting 300 digital shots

in a day for catalog work with endless product variations. Have a Mamiya 645 that accepts

the digital back as back-up. Never had to use it.

Different strokes for different folks.

Gustavo, you should not be able to shoot with the dark slide inserted all the way into the

back. On the release, if it is set to the red dot, it should be locked from shooting.

You didn't mention whether you are using an AE prism finder. If NOT, then you cannot use

the red AEF setting on the shutterspeed wheel left side of the camera ... it will just flash an

orange light and beep a warning. Set the shutter speed manually with that wheel, (like

125th) and set the camera's right side selection lever on M. If that's not it, and you have a

fresh battery in the camera, it probably needs service ... send both the camera and the

back in together just in case something goofy is going on.