Buying nikon in NY.

<p>Hi there!

<p>I am traveling to NY (Manhattan area) in eastern and I am planing to check if

I can find a good deal on a digital body. I am interested in the D200,

preferable second hand. Is there any trustable shop in the Manhattan area? If it

would have second options would be awesome.

<p>Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Be careful. I purchased D2X from NY dealer. It turned out it was a "gray market" camera. The dealer is not responding to my letters, email, and phone messages. It was a quite a large camera dealer and the price I paid was regular price. The dealer has over hundred thousand sales on Ebay with good rating. Nikon USA is refusing to service it. Always ask to see all the paperwork indicating US warranty. Don't rely on dealer's word. Now, I have $4K paper-weight on my desk....with back-focusing problem. Enjoy your trip.

<p>Hi everyone!

<p>After reading your comments and other topics I've came to the conclutions that, in the case I have any trouble with the camera, the garanty won't cover it. Moreso If the camera was the D40x (the model I've decided to buy). Being a new model it could have some testing problems.

<p>There is a very trustable seller in Spain and the govermemnt forces every technology product to have 2 year warranty.

<p>Thinking in all of this I've decided to buy the camera in my home town and take it to my holiday trip! I couldn't be happier... The price was higher than the one I could get in NY but I feel more confindent with this 2 year warranty.

<p>I want to thank everyone for your replies!