I shoot 6x7 film and would like to scan and print out an 8x10 contact sheet

with 9 exposures per sheet. What flatbed scanner would you suggest for this. I

have a Nikon 8000 for my high resolution scanning, but want something that can

scan 9 shots at one time at a low resolution so that I can proof them as a

contact sheet. Any suggestions on a flatbed that will do this would be

appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Harry

I guess any of the flat beds would do it by lying the negs down on the glass. I don't know if there are any film flatbeds that allow all 9 negs in 3x3 rows at once.

Someone else can answer that, but thought I would throw in an idea if all you want is rough contacts.

Use a small digital camera to take a picture of the negs on a light box (or window), then convert the image to a 'negative' in the computer, which ends up being a positive and one can see the pictures.

It does work, but don't expect stellar quality 'scans'!

Nick's idea works. I've done the same for quick reference prints of slides. The shot bellow was improvised with a Zeiss Proxar, simply hand-held against the lens of a Kodak "EasyShare DX6490".

It's a whole lot quicker than scanning and does the job. This shot, taken in a hurry, was not in a darkend room, hence the surface reflections. The lightbox had a 5000k light source, so I just set the camera on "Daylight".

I'll refine the setup for the major B&W proofing exercise.

I have decades worth of B&W negs that I have not made contact sheets of. When searching for images, I would prefer to flip through a book of darkroom contact proofs, rather than opening up jpegs, but it's going to save me a load of time and a reservoir of water.<div>00KV7A-35702384.jpg.9cb97bdd1c6268251ff05fb1b3bc517c.jpg</div>