no warranty card = no rebate?

john_davids

Funny that, in the EU a warranty card in NOT required. Sounds like they've got you American's by the ....'s over there. We fortunately get our rebates without hassle as well. I gues this very slightly compensates for the extortionate prices they charge us over here anyway!

Yes, no warranty card = no rebate!

I bought my 5D from dbuy.com, which is not an authorized canon dealer although they state USA Canon Warranty. After receiving my 5D without a warranty card, I immediately call them to return the 5D and call my Credit Card company to make sure that they don't charge me a 15% restocking fee due to incorrect advertising the 5d as a Canon Warranty.

So, make sure the dealer is a Canon Authorized Reseller when you purchase online even through they stated Canon USA Warranty, which it's a fraud. Because you cannot get a Canon USA Warranty if they are not canon authorized reseller.

No warranty card = no rebate, plain and simple. It states that in hte rebate form that it's one of the required items in your submittal. Call the place where you bought your item from and tell them it's missing the Canon USA warranty card and tell them you want to return it for another. If not, return the item for a full refund and buy it from an authorized canon dealer like B&H or Amazon.com.

Well it seems they are going to have a problem with something anyway..

I just got a card today from Canon's Young America stating that "A copy of the warranty card was not included" "An original qualifying UPC was not included" BS. Did they not know to look in the envelope?

It just so happens that after the problem with the 5D rebate I photographed both and can send before and after cutout of the box. How young are these Young Americans, 1st graders, 2nd graders, I don't think they are as old as 3rd graders. I think Canon should send me a free ink set for my printer, and free mailers if this keeps going & going. I know, OH its NOT Canon, BS they hire these people, if they did it themselves they would get the blame. I guess this will get deleted but I said it anyway, and feel better for it. JoeR