Which polaroid film for my Kiev 88 CM?

greg_cornish

I asked at a camera store what polaroid film to buy for my polaroid back today . He told me anything in

the 600+ range. I bought 600. I don't think it works. I'm sure its probably the same for Hasselblad etc

so anyone with experience could probably help. It difficult to load with no instructions

The loading instructions should be fairly self explanatory with help from your back's manual and from the polaroid packet. Theres not much anyone can do over the internet there.

I can speak for Hasselblad backs which I am led to believe are similar devices if not interchangeable. They were not actually made by hasselblad anyway (but by polaroid). There are three different ranges of course - the 600 series, the 100 and the older 80 series. Generally 100 backs fit 600 and 100 film but not all 80 backs do. There are some backs which will take all of them (the newest ones). There is the chance that you hace one of the older backs which I believe is about one or two cm smaller than those for 100 film.

Try and find out whether your back does indeed take 100 polaroid or 80 - ask the old guys in the shop, the new guys don't even know what polaroid is. Cheapest option is to buy some 80 film if you can get your hands on it (ebay) and test it out. The rest is up to you.

I have the polaroid back for the kiev. However is 600 film the same size as 665, 667 etc?

It has a black cardboard piece in the cartridge. should I remove it? I have a bad photo of it

here http://www.significantudders.com/polaroid.jpg It seems the cartridge is to short for

the compartment its supposed to be stored in, inside the back. I also have to nearly

wedge it in. Then the flip up door in the film cartridge is to wide to fit down inside the

back. There are no instructions on the package how to load it or none in the back. It only

shows how to clean the rollers and pull the tab straight out once its loaded.

My hunch is that 600 film is developed for a newer line of cameras and that it is not the

same physical size as the cartridges 660 and above