start my own wedding photography studio

I was working as a free lance photographer shotting wedding as well as other work. now i am thinking

about going on my own , but not sure how to go about it. i am not so good when it come to marketing,

pricing, and computer work,i like the creatived side of it , but not the rest, i wonder if looking for a

partner that will be good in this area is a good idea? or else.and if yes, where to look? will be happy to get

your ideas.

Thanks

Motty

If you're not so good with the business end of things, why do you want to go out on your own? If you don't want to deal with the business end and are hesitant to learn it, I'd say you're better off doing what you are doing now. And if you went looking for a partner, why would you assume that he or she would be happy just to handle the business end while you have all the fun with the creative end? Also, most partnerships don't work so well unless you both have strongly similar goals and compatible and cooperative personalities. This kind of person is usually not found "out of the blue"--you don't just advertise for one, for instance. Usually, you know this person already because partnerships involve a lot of trust.

While I may sound overly negative, I just want to put the above "out there" because many a partnership and/or new business have historically not done well due to poor planning at the beginning. Think things through very carefully.

As for how to go about it, I'd say take some business courses and/or read a lot before deciding to do anything. If you still want to go ahead after that, you will know how to proceed. Nolo books and many others are invaluable when you are ready to actually get down to the details.

I am not sure how serious this question may be. If you need to ask an anonymous forum if its a good idea to strike out on your own with admittedly weak business skills and poor marketing ability. Maybe a few months reading posts here and you will come to your own conclusion.

It bothers me that you are weak with pretty much everything other then photography. I think every wedding photographer has a strong Photoshop background and can pretty much do anything with computers including posting images and maybe even making their own websites.

Getting a partner will only add to more headaches and stress. Learn the business from the ground up. Good luck!